How Did It Begin?
The 365 Challenge began when I woke up one morning and decided that I wanted to run everyday for a year but soon realised that although I like running maybe a distance challenge over a year mixed in with other activities might be more fun and might be better for my knees.
So I decided, my 365 challenge from November 20th 2014 – November 20th 2015 was to run or mountain bike a total of 1600miles in 365 days.
That equates to the same distance of roughly 60 marathons, or the entire coast line of Wales, or running the Millennium Stadium pitch end to end 21,466 times.
There are two reason why I came up with the idea of The 365 Challenge and am so passionate about it:
- First, I wanted to take on a challenge for charity so I can help those that need support and medical treatment but cant organise it for themselves. Whether this inability to ask or get help is because of mobility issues, mental health issues or just because they don’t want to be a burden, I want to be able to help them to find their voice and get the help they need.
- Second, I want to encourage those that have their own challenges in life to get involved so they can be part of something, to feel that they belong to a team of like minded people, to feel that they are needed and have a purpose, so they have something positive that they can focus their mind on and so they can regain their pride or confidence and obtain a huge sense of achievement which is something so important to feel in life and can be so easily lost.
The 365 Challenge is therefore simply a way in which everyone can get the help that they need.
How Can You Help?
To make this idea a success will take a lot of work and will need a lot of help and it is something I simply cant do on my own, so if you are reading this then I’m sure you’re the type of person that wants to help those in need, so here are 3 ways you can help to make this a success and change peoples lives.
1) Join The 365 Challenge and do something amazing for others whilst getting fitter and healthier along the way.
Whether it be to walk or run 365 miles in a year, train to scale Everest, swim a mile a week, cycle the length of a country or simply to get out of the house and go for a walk 1 day a week for a whole year.
Your challenge can be anything you like, as long as it’s based on getting exercise and that you commit to it for a whole year
2) Share this page or website to your Facebook friends from the button below, Like the Facebook Page, follow The 365 Challenge on Twitter @365ChallengeUK and tell all your friends and family about “The 365 Challenge” next time you see them and talk about what challenge you could do for a good cause.
3) Please can you sponsor my 365 Challenge chosen charities via the Virgin Money Giving Page, http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/The365Challenge
We want The 365 Challenge to help promote living a healthier lifestyle and a healthier mind through exercise and by committing to a challenge will mean you will hopefully make new lifetime lasting habits whilst saying goodbye to some bad old ones.
So please, really, really think about making a new years resolution that lasts this year and join us with your own 365 Challenge.
Kindest Regards & Thanks,
Steven “running miles to make others smile” Marsh
p.s. I really, really appreciate all your support and thank you for any donations you can afford to give either now or when I have completed my 365 Challenge, either way I promise I wont let you down.